In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These day's bookmakers tend to use radio communication and earphones to keep things secret, so it's becoming a dying art.
- When you listen to music with earphones, it allows you to hear the words more clearly.
- The participants were given a radio set with earphones and frequencies set for each language.
- A pair of earphones made it possible to listen to high quality music at any place and at any time, without disturbing others.
- Like the defendants many will have to listen to the proceedings in translation through earphones.
- After take off she pulled on her earphones and listened to her Walkman and read your book for the entire flight.
- So he hid a set in a false cast on his arm and used the earphone to listen to answers from friends standing outside.
- The output was recorded on a stereo tape recorder, and they listened in with earphones.
- She sorted through her wallet, phone, and earphones until she came across a piece of crumpled paper.
- Fans are given small radios with earphones so they can listen to the ESPN commentary.
- Silence is observed and any music you bring should be listened to through earphones.
- Through a good pair of earphones, I could not believe that this was radio.
- He had totally forgotten about the radio earphone, and the voice shocked him.
- Sound from the incoming call is sent to both earphones which feels strange for a phone call.
- Some states in the US have already outlawed the use of any kind of earphones and listening devices while driving or riding a bicycle.
- When he had completed his packing, Ian lolled in his striped pyjamas on the bed listening to hospital radio through a pair of battered earphones.
- The sound of the dots and dashes of the radio range in my earphones, and the instrument panel was my whole world.
- Playback itself is fine, though I found the bundle earphones were a little muted in the higher frequencies.
- The music pouring from the earphones is loud; we listen in, though we cannot make out the lyrics.
- The unit crackled minutely and a faint voice answered, heard only in Matthew's earphones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.