In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lombriz (de tierra) femenino
- Centipedes are predatory, feeding on soil invertebrates such as earthworms and terrestrial insects.
- Soils may harbor 50 to 500 earthworms per square meter; they keep soils aerated, and their castings fertilize the soil.
- The burrowing activities of earthworms increase the soil horizons most conducive to worm health and growth rate.
- Most nematodes, also called roundworms, are small, simple worms lacking the segmentation of the more familiar earthworms.
- He doesn't plow when the soil is wet and, by not using chemicals, doesn't kill beneficial organisms such as earthworms and bacteria, which aerate the soil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.