In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que va en dirección esteque va hacia el este
- One eastbound lane was closed from November 29 to January 10 while work to remove the tidal flow was undertaken.
- The car was travelling on the eastbound carriageway, towards the Greenbridge roundabout when it left the road.
- Officers propose to build a special bus lane for eastbound services so they do not have to negotiate Winchester's one-way system.
- As soon as work on the eastbound lanes of Columbia is completed, the northern, westbound half will be completely replaced as well.
- The last carriage of an eastbound train was believed to have come off the tracks between Hammersmith and Barons Court stations.
- I have criticized before the process of serving dinner on eastbound evening trains out of Chicago.
- She unfolds a page of hand-written directions and I concentrate on tail lights, changing lanes and weaving through eastbound traffic.
- An eastbound white Toyota Echo and a white Ford Falcon collided on Burragorang Rd about 3 pm.
- Following the impact, the truck careened into the eastbound lane of Highway 52, directly towards an oncoming van.
- She carefully wheeled her suitcase over the track closer to the station, and began to await the eastbound train.
- A train pulled into the eastbound platform and started emptying out.
- To your left is the old ‘next train’ indicator on the eastbound platform.
- The contraflow will be switched to the westbound carriageway in late January as resurfacing starts on eastbound lanes.
- Two lanes of the eastbound carriageway also had to be closed because of debris and to allow access for the emergency services.
- Lane three of the eastbound carriageway was closed while police towed away the white van.
- In order to link the city to its eastern industrial and domestic markets, entrepreneurs built eastbound canals.
- From L.A., he had gone north up to Vancouver and had then taken an eastbound Canadian passenger train across Canada.
- In 1886, seven ships were chartered to carry tea and silk from the Far East to Canada's west coast and provide eastbound freight for the railway.
- All eastbound traffic (towards Richmond) will still be able to use Heath Road throughout.
- The eastbound carriageway will be unaffected.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.