In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1canaleta femeninocanalón masculino España
- The gutters and downspouts, i.e., eavestroughs, are undersized and will cost $2400 to repair.
- Clean out eavestroughs regularly to prevent clogs that can trap water.
- Tilting your head, you watched as a 10-year-old looks at the bending pipes of the garage eavestrough.
- Clean eavestroughs regularly so water does not collect.
- Dr. Reed points out that on the fourth floor one can observe extensive damage to the gypsum board once the eavestroughs that he designed to collect the water into a pail are taken off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.