In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The loss of preexisting genes or gene activities during evolution is a major mechanism of ecological specialization.
- Researchers attributed the finding to improvements in the ecological environment of the region.
- The Forum brings religious scholars into gatherings where they can explore their relationships to the contemporary ecological crisis.
- The implications of studying ecological performance for within-species selection studies are profound.
- Take an inventory of what kind of an impact your life has on Mother Earth - your own personal ecological footprint.
- More than 3,000 species of mosquitoes are present on our planet, each occupying a distinct ecological niche.
- Through mutation, genes test different strategies for enhancing ecological survival.
- The fishing communities bore the economic brunt of the ecological crisis.
- Free trade between states would also need to be modified to take account of ecological issues.
- Economic growth must come to mean sustainable ecological improvement, not ecological destruction.
- In addition, differences among species in their ability to stabilize posture in rolling appear to have ecological implications.
- The diversity of program interventions addressed all of the factors outlined in the ecological perspective.
- He says he has moved from being a fiscal conservative to being an ecological conservative.
- All the interbasin transfers in South Africa are potential ecological disasters.
- Therefore, kin recognition should be studied with explicit references to the ecological context within which the recognition behavior is expressed.
- Economic growth has been bought at the expense of ecological disarray.
- Juan Carlos launches into a lecture on Bolivia's ecological cosmology.
- Every morning Native American tribal leaders filmed their conversations for use in a society which has yet to acquire their ecological awareness.
- Flowers occur in a vast range of ecological situations.
- The possible ecological significance of the different activity time of the ruddy mongoose has not been studied.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.