In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Masters and doctoral programs feature ecosystem ecology courses in restoration.
- Whale Study Week includes boat trips as well as classes in whale biology and general marine ecology.
- So instead of a plan based on timber production, it is based on ecology as well.
- In this paper, recent work on fruit type evolution in angiosperms is reviewed in relation to dispersal agents and habitat ecology.
- The latter paper complements the majority of those in this volume that focused on stopover ecology in eastern North America.
- We were leaning about ecology in our biology class and this involved a trip to Dublin Zoo.
- Behavioral ecology is a naturalistic perspective somewhat similar to sociobiology.
- After a few years of working in the field, I went back to graduate school to study marine ecology.
- Then I got a Ph.D. in ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Tennessee.
- Outdoor experts will teach ecology and the river environment as it pertains to supporting the carp species.
- The women's and ecology movements are therefore one.
- He has long been widely cited by many different branches of the radical ecology movement.
- It always interested me why that happened, and why it happened at the same time that the science of ecology was born.
- Scientists say they still have a lot to learn about ecology at Mount St. Helens.
- The emphasis is on horticultural aspects of reproductive biology and pollination ecology.
- A general goal of avian evolutionary ecology is to understand mechanisms driving patterns of community organization.
- After his formal retirement in 1974, Dan made significant contributions to urban wildlife ecology and conservation.
- Therefore, measurements of dive depths and profiles are significant components in many studies of seabird foraging ecology.
- Despite the abundance of Impatiens species in China, studies of pollination systems and pollination ecology have not been reported.
- Effective management for this species is hampered because relatively little is known about nesting ecology.
- The reductionist approach is thus coupled with the ecology of whole organisms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.