In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some people apply different rules to aquatic ecosystems compared to terrestrial ecosystems.
- That was the first time I got to spend a lot of intimate time in a marine ecosystem.
- However, there is also substitutability between organisms in an ecosystem.
- However, common species play pivotal roles in ecosystems, providing habitats and food for our fauna.
- These species effects are often as strong as, or stronger than, the direct effects of environment on ecosystems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.