In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1color crudo masculino(invariable adjective) (before noun) color crudoecru lace — encaje color crudo
- Alternatively, ecru colored nets can be complemented with ivory or gold dragées and finished off with co-ordinating ribbons or flowers.
- She was given away by her sister, and wore a fitted ecru lace dress which she designed herself.
- You are clothed in a raiment of ecru, perfectly molded to your smooth flowing curves.
- If even that is too much for you, look to the near neutral tones mentioned above like ice blue, ecru, powder pink and cream to lighten the look whilst keeping it subdued.
- Leaning back against the ecru toned, linen textured wall, she contemplated crossing the room to flick the light switch that would bathe the room in harsh fluorescent glare, but dismissed the idea.
- I thought that a dark blue zippered cardigan might do better than an ecru one, given that I am not the world's neatest person.
- It is giving its customers natural materials with a rustic texture, in colors such as ecru, cool beige, slate and terracotta.
- It's not as crisp as before washing, but it's still ecru.
- In reality, it's better to mix white with shades of ivory, almond, ecru and tan.
- If you don't want to go beyond white, update your color with tone-on-tone neutrals like ecru, oyster, almond or biscuit.
- As the film's representational inquiry begins, the image of the sleeping couple dissolves into an image of a majestic woman, wearing an ecru dress and standing in a boat rowed by three men.
- The chromatic range is narrow: gray, black, white, silver and ecru.
- Where I live, local zoning ordinances offer protection against neighbors who would otherwise depress property values by painting their houses garish shades of ecru.
- I never want to have ecru chenille slipcovers or homemade beeswax candles scented with lavender from my own garden.
- Alternatively you could use a very small amount of ivory, ecru, camel, or brown reactive dye to make the neutral you want.
- She sat at the bench in the bedchamber, pulling the ecru lace pelisse around her shoulders nervously, listening to the rain slap at the closed shutters by the armoire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.