In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(establishment) docente(establishment) de enseñanza
- There is a distinction between special educational needs and other needs.
- Its report is part of a wider review of special educational needs provision in the district.
- The proportion of students with special educational needs is below average.
- The majority argued that racial diversity was a legitimate goal for educational institutes.
- Overseas texts vary because of the market size and often the educational context.
- Local retired primary teachers visited the centre to assist the educational programme.
- Adult social class and income were strongly related to educational level.
- No one would seek to deny the link between educational achievement and social conditions.
- What, then, is the educational ethos in these schools, and what do they teach?
- Each of the educational theories presented here can guide our teaching practices.
- Redistribution of educational funding was not reflected in the achievement of the bulk of pupils.
- And this is by no means purely institutional or confined to the educational process.
- Her ultimate ambition is to empower and enable people through educational achievement.
- Speaking English as a second language has no real impact on educational achievement.
- It would infuse the vitality of a free market and thus break the state educational monopoly.
- Parents will look to the state as the sole provider of educational funds for their children.
- New forms of educational content for schools have also been pioneered in Hull.
- This is a disgrace for a college that claims progressive employment and educational policies.
- A French educational system was developed and a French university established in Hanoi.
- Numerous studies have shown that boys are falling behind girls in terms of educational achievement.
2(toy) educativo(toy) instructivo(method) pedagógico
- He is also visiting schools to give informal educational talks about his experiences.
- In addition to educational information, the site has articles on health and leisure.
- Information materials and educational packages are available to help in this task.
- The indoor aquarium has been set up as an educational tool for students and researchers.
- They have an educational web site where you can learn about the dolphins that visit the resort.
- We've always known school is educational in far more ways than academics can cover.
- The book is an educational experience for the layman who is also a practising Christian.
- The former could be used in a school educational film teaching tolerance.
- The Associated Press reported that a few got queasy but that others found it an educational experience.
- The headteacher said it had been an enjoyable and educational week.
- During practical training, ward rounds and outpatient clinics should be educational.
3(publisher) de libros de texto
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.