In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, the court may order such particulars as may be necessary to prevent surprise and unnecessary expense and to ensure a fair and effectual trial.
- It is true, the Lord can, and I hope He often does, make that preaching effectual to the conversion of sinners, wherein little is said expressly to them, only the truths of the gospel are declared in their hearing
- If this can be done, the rampart which the constitution has built up to secure the hearthstone from rude intrusion, is an effectual defense no longer.
- The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
- It was a wonder of his grace, that the call was made so effectual.
- Clause 6 reads: ‘The lease is deemed to be, and to have always been, as valid and effectual as if all the land that is subject to the lease had not been that land described in the Schedule.’
- The Commissioner of Stamp Duties accepted, on the basis that these documents were effectual, that there was no duty assessable.
- I have already referred the Court to section 151, which deals with when instruments of lease become effectual, which is on registration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.