In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both drugs were equally efficacious in improving auditory hallucinations and suspiciousness.
- The vaccine was presumed to be safe and efficacious.
- These drugs may be used topically or systemically and are safe and efficacious.
- It may not mean that the ultimate result is not efficacious.
- A small comparison study demonstrated that these two drugs are equally efficacious.
- Second, proving that a supposedly life extending drug will be efficacious is an extremely difficult task.
- This process has resulted in the designation of many psychotherapy treatments as being efficacious.
- The use of allogenic tissue in orthopaedic surgery is generally safe and efficacious.
- Most of these drugs are efficacious and have enormously enhanced the power of the physician to treat and cure disease.
- We want to know that what we do is not merely efficacious but right.
- There may be occasions, for instance, when a dose of old-fashioned common sense can be as efficacious as a more sophisticated remedy.
- So the same event or object can have a number of properties, not all of which are efficacious in bringing about the same effect.
- This brings us to another question: are we using our existing personnel in the most efficient and efficacious way?
- History and theory show that the use of naked government aggression is not a moral or efficacious way of dealing with poverty.
- It will prove efficacious to plant trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants in the autumn because they will get their roots down faster during their first wet winter.
- No difference was noted concerning one tradition being more powerful or efficacious than any other.
- Clinical trials are in progress and research is ongoing for developing a safe and efficacious vaccine against the disease.
- The ultimately most efficacious way is to change a group belief is from within.
- When contemporary arts are produced for an international market, they can still be efficacious.
- During this era, biological discovery is accelerating, resulting in the development of safer and more efficacious drugs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.