In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(grace) natural(prose/style) fluidoan apparently effortless movement — un movimiento realizado sin esfuerzo aparente
- He succeeds in conveying the contradictions of his character with a natural, seemingly effortless ability.
- Her style is effortless, drop-dead elegance.
- He is a passionate garden-maker, a sensualist blessed with an artist's eye and an effortless sense of style.
- They epitomised effortless style and glamour.
- Khakis have become synonymous with effortless style suitable for leisure trips and business casual wear.
- She tells the story with seemingly effortless grace and it reads like the very best novels.
- Her brash buoyancy and his effortless elegance lifted the audience into the stratosphere.
- The effortless and natural acting of the children add a unique flavour to the film making it realistic and palpable.
- But when he meets her, her effortless charisma leads him to hire her as a dancer.
- He could pass for mid-50s and has an effortless style.
- It's another recording of effortless beauty that finds the band at their most relaxed and enjoyable.
- Shorn of its string arrangement, Drake's incredible guitar playing and effortless melodic sense are all the more apparent.
- Detractors raise an eyebrow even at that rating, while fans claim it is the apogee of shabby chic and effortless elegance.
- James Nesbitt, who brings effortless charm to any character he plays, was perfect as the two boys' father.
- The young waiters offset all this history with their effortless urban cool; one has sideburns you could ski-jump off.
- He shows effortless charisma as he glides and even dances through the film.
- Angela couldn't help but admire the woman's effortless grace as she strode away.
- I enjoyed every page of this book, spellbound as ever by Smith's apparently effortless verbal magic.
- The strained limbs in his bronzes of ballerinas behind the stage expose the ordeals necessary to simulate an effortless grace on the stage.
- Would-be trendy restaurants all try to be cool, but this place oozes effortless and unselfconscious cool from every pore.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.