In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(with sand)masculino reloj de arena
- You can also use an egg timer to remind you to turn off the water.
- If you are spending a disproportionate amount of time on the telephone, you might consider the use of an egg timer, or some other device, to limit your calls.
- However, my mother was ecstatic about her egg timer.
- She had the uncanny ability to turn things around in a flash - as if she was flipping over an egg timer.
- He would use an egg timer at meal times, threatening to hit the children if they did not eat up in time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.