In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cerebro masculino coloquial
- In today's political climate nothing spells defeat for Democrats more than the image of a bunch of fey, ivory tower eggheads running the military.
- The New York Post calls him an effete egghead, but that doesn't quite capture it.
- If I write about that, I'll sound like an egghead.
- You don't have to be an egghead to read philosophy, you can even read it on the conveyer belt at your local gym, thus combining your physical and intellectual work-outs and saving valuable time.
- As researchers show how the two diseases are very much alike, I'm waiting with bated breath to see what kind of biological differences, if any, these eggheads might find.
- I was the egghead from academia who got in because the rules had changed.
- His new, meticulously researched history scopes out the role eggheads have played at the White House since 1960.
- If you think copyright issues don't concern you and that a five-day intensive course focusing on the protection and enforcement of patents and trademarks is strictly the domain of eggheads, well, you might actually be right.
- So, is the target demographic 60-something Asian eggheads?
- While successive opinion polls confirm that Britain remains against the euro, the eggheads in the government maintain that support for the pound is soft.
- Said eggheads have discovered that walking and talking on your mobile at the same time could eventually put you in a wheelchair because, terrifyingly, the human body did not evolve to walk and talk at the same time.
- The eggheads in intelligence dropped the ball, but the warrior types are ready to make up for it.
- Super-smart eggheads are busily working to perfect cars that run on batteries, and ways to lock carbon dioxide away underground.
- I used to think Mensa was a club full of nerdy eggheads who could tell you all about quantum theory and Bill James' baseball statistics, but couldn't tell you where they left their car keys.
- Even erudite eggheads can't be expected to know everything!
- Once academic exercises for eggheads, college business-plan contests now offer competitors the chance to win sizeable chunks of cash and launch a business.
- Groton Labs isn't some academic hothouse where a few eggheads are allowed to toil fruitlessly forever.
- The conference will be chock full with academic jargon and sagely nodding eggheads, but it is all free.
- You'll recall, a few years back, how a pair of eggheads at the University of Utah announced that they'd effected cold fusion on a table top.
- ‘I'm a practical guy, I am not an egghead,’ Kaplan said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.