In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cáscara de huevo femenino(finish/paint) (before noun) semimateeggshell china — porcelana muy fina
- If you prefer a less-glossy finish on woodwork, eggshell or satin may be used there as well.
- Keeping the edge wet is most important for gloss and eggshell, as is smoothing off with gentle finishing strokes.
- All paints consist of binders or resins, pigments, solvents, and additives-whether it's flat, eggshell, semi-gloss, or high-gloss.
- Surfaces painted with semi-gloss or eggshell finish paints are easier to clean than flat-finish paints.
- He uses an oil based eggshell paint rather than a water-based emulsion for the base coats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.