In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was submitted that his decision in the claimant's case to extend the period of nine months to eighteen months was a matter of judgement which was within his discretion.
- All eighteen players played their hearts out and were ecstatic when the final whistle came.
- Had this been written eighteen months ago, there'd have been a queue of people lining up to laugh at these views, and I'd have been there at the front.
- The rest received sentences of seventeen or eighteen years.
- All eighteen players who met this criteria remained in organized baseball three years later.
- Just eighteen more hours until my high school days are over forever.
- She died on September 30, 1897 at the age of 24 after eighteen months of great physical suffering and desolation of spirit.
- The remaining eighteen quotes ranged from £315 to £462, with seven firms unable to provide a quote.
- They have conceded thirty five goals in eighteen games.
- I paid with a twenty and got seventeen or eighteen dollars in change.
- Seventeen out of eighteen provinces were in open revolt.
- The two men travelled to the Southern French town last year with eighteen musicians aged between 16-19 years old.
- After this the team filmed the family eighteen hours a day for three months.
- For the first eighteen months of his term, Davis enjoyed great political fortune.
- I run a small team that has spent the last eighteen months working on a variety of game projects.
1(invariable adjective) dieciocho
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.