In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colegio electoral masculino
- He holds (the theory goes) the key to Florida, which is the key to the electoral college and to righting that greatest of all political wrongs - the stolen election.
- First, the other side has a huge advantage in money, incumbency and a constituency that benefits lopsidedly from the unrepresentative electoral college and senate.
- One of the ways it could play out would be pressure to change the electoral college system.
- In devising the voting system, Pierce is believed to have insisted on the safeguard of the electoral colleges ' system, which would prevent a few large states from dictating the course of the election.
- The results have been determined by the Congress, which serves an electoral college when the winning candidate fails to obtain a majority of the vote.
- This is not the Arkansas point of view that she might have represented, say a year ago, which is presumably in favor of the Electoral College, because the electoral college does several things.
- It dramatized the anti-popular bias of the electoral college, an 18 th-century invention designed to confer more political power on slave states.
- Two sets of electors show up in Washington on January 6 for the electoral college.
- At the same time, an electoral college consisting of all members of congress and six delegates chosen from each state continued to choose the president.
- Doesn't the electoral college undermine the one-person, one-vote ideal of a political democracy?
- That was back before we really knew anything about electoral colleges, primaries, legislation, and ballot chads.
- More than ever, they are preoccupied with pragmatic matters, such as the lowest common denominator in the political math problem known as the electoral college.
- Like any politician fighting in the electoral college, he only ever cared about tipping enough states over.
- Es el sistema adoptado por los EEUU para elegir Presidente y Vicepresidente, mediante el cual los votantes de cada estado eligen a compromisarios (electors) que conforman los colegios electorales, los que a su vez se comprometen a votar por un determinado candidato. Todos los votos de un estado van a un candidato. Solo 270 votos (electoral college votes) se necesitan para obtener la victoria, todo lo cual significa que el Presidente puede ser elegido sin obtener la mayoría del voto popular.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.