In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manta eléctrica femeninocobija eléctrica femenino Cono Sur América Latinafrazada eléctrica femenino Cono Sur
- These days, with central heating, the electric blanket and the hot water bottle, a warm bed is rather taken for granted.
- Do you ever worry that the electric blanket might spark and fry you alive?
- isn't it true that electric blankets, cable boxes, and some other electrical devices emit more than a healthy amount of electromagnetic radiation?
- Some preliminary studies suggested that children exposed to EMF, including those generated by an electric blanket, might be at higher risk of leukemia.
- Fire officers also urge people to make sure electric blankets undergo regular safety checks by qualified electricians.
- No, I'm talking about threadlike wires woven into fabric and powered by miniature batteries that heat your outfit like an electric blanket.
- The beds were spacious, warm with electric blankets and the kitchen was outfitted with the latest appliances.
- This year I'm getting a new electric blanket with an extra switch that just heats the foot end in the summer.
- Do not use electric blankets; they impair your body's ability to regulate its temperature during the night.
- Use electric blankets according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- And now we have a nice warm bed, with blankets, and electric blankets… It's so good to be back.
- He yelled, jumped up, and unplugged his electric blanket.
- Bitter nights, chapped lips and chapped hands, frost in the morning, runny noses and sniffles, winter woollies, fires and heaters, electric blankets… they're all part of the winter scene upcountry.
- It is a temporary metropolis of tents, possessing every luxury, including generators, refrigerators, and (as far as I can understand) electric blankets.
- Can someone tell me where low voltage electric blankets can be serviced?
- Other causes included chip pans, candles and electric blankets being left on.
- Minimize noise, light, and temperature extremes during sleep with ear plugs, window blinds, or an electric blanket or air conditioner.
- Surrey County Council is currently holding a major campaign warning about the dangers of electric blankets and is holding free testing sessions in a bid to reduce the 1,000 annual fires in the UK caused by faulty blankets.
- There are several methods of heat application ranging from microwavable beanbags to electric blankets, but regardless of the heat source the following general guidelines should be observed.
- Only leave electric blankets switched on all night if it has thermostatic controls for safe all-night use.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.