In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Físicaelectricidad femeninoit runs on electricity — funciona a electricidad América Latina
- is the electricity turned off/on? — ¿está desconectada/conectada la corriente?
- electricity supply — suministro eléctrico
- The aim is to show that current processes can produce such narrow on-chip wires able to conduct electricity.
- The dynamical theory of heat led Thomson to also think of a dynamical theory for electricity and magnetism.
- Along with petroleum, the most important new source of energy was electricity.
- Water power from the restored mill turbine will be used to generate electricity, particularly in winter.
- Nuclear reactors generate electricity by creating heat from a nuclear reaction.
- Atomic energy then makes this electricity appear on your computer!
- These should be extended so that all new builds must produce electricity and be totally energy efficient.
- Such a development may ultimately lead to a much more efficient way to convert the energy from sunlight into electricity.
- The lines of force of the static condition of electricity are present in all cases of induction.
- It has a high melting point and is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- My thoughts are the result of electrical and chemical activity in my brain and electricity is one form of energy.
- It doesn't cost us money for any electricity, the energy itself is safe, clean and harmless.
- Their strategy was for the first round to rely heavily on nuclear electricity and energy efficiency.
- In particular, I am thinking about our ability to generate energy or electricity.
- It is completely sustainable if charged with electricity from renewable sources.
- You pour diesel in it and the thermal energy gets converted to electricity.
- No progress was made towards harnessing steam, let alone gas or electricity, as energy sources.
- According to the council, it's a myth that solar panels generate electricity by storing direct heat from the sun.
- Unlike most metals, they conduct electricity without losing any energy as heat.
- He also admitted a further charge of abstracting electricity under the Theft Act.
2(emotional excitement)electricidad femenino
- The electricity between these two were just buzzing with excitement and with dangerous passion.
- The electricity between Mattie and Jane's husband Mike has arced repeatedly over the years.
- But is there some electricity between him and Lauren?
- As the sizzling days of summer approach, a charge of electricity fills the air of the gym.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.