In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Information about its function comes from other investigations, the earliest and most widely used of which is the electrocardiograph, which records the electrical activity of the heart.
- An equal number of medical stations were set up in an adjacent ‘green zone,’ equipped with nebulisers and pulse oximeters and electrocardiograph machines.
- However, a patient activated electrocardiograph showed ventricular tachycardia during a symptomatic spell.
- The electrocardiograph showed ST segment elevation in the anterior leads.
- Data from an onboard electrocardiograph machine will also be sent to hospitals.
- One brother, now a retired consultant physician, told me that when he started medical school electrocardiographs of this size were still in use.
- The electrocardiograph was among the earliest useful medical electronic instruments, having been coupled to an amplifier about 75 years ago.
- One of the most important tests is the electrocardiograph.
- The company's product line includes units for performing electrocardiographs, stress testing, vital sign monitoring, and patient record management.
- Most of the interference related to disturbance of the signal on monitors, such as electrocardiographs, confirmed by data from the United States.
- Mean QRS axis values were automatically calculated by the electrocardiograph.
- They include storage of electrocardiographs for subsequent review.
- An electrocardiograph and a chest radiograph should also be obtained.
- Our design of the sensor, in fact, handles this through two of the additional ECG channels that the targeted electrocardiographs provide.
- When a suspected heart attack victim arrives at the emergency department an electrocardiograph is carried out to confirm the condition.
- But the press secretary said medical tests, including X-rays, an electrocardiograph and blood tests, found a slightly elevated cholesterol count and gallstones.
- Patients with signs of aortic stenosis on physical examination should undergo testing, including chest x-ray, electrocardiograph and echocardiograph.
- Your heartbeat is monitored throughout the procedure using an electrocardiograph machine.
- One treatment room in each pod includes an electrocardiograph, minor surgical equipment, respiratory treatment equipment, and a fully equipped crash cart for emergencies.
- A second electrocardiograph was attached and an intravenous cannula inserted, and I was given some diamorphine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.