In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Once the electrode box has been opened, the electrodes should be kept in a dry box until used.
- The lower surfaces of the electrode segments define an electrode segment plane.
- Redistribution of ions within the electrode, causes a relatively slow change in the capacitance during voltage clamp.
- The surgical procedure involves implanting electrodes in a region of the brain thought to drive depression.
- Under a weak electric field, the holes drift toward a matrix of a million or so tiny pixel electrodes.
- This device transmits sound directly into the auditory nerve via electrodes surgically implanted into the cochlea.
- At this point the question arises as to what the alligator-shaped electrodes measure.
- Oxidation of the dye molecule injects electrons into the semiconducting electrode.
- Sound is converted to signals by the processor and transmitted to the auditory nerves by the electrodes.
- To increase the chance of securing a recording during an attack patients may be fitted with electrodes that transmit by radio to a receiver.
- Finally, an aluminium electrode was vacuum-deposited on top of the organic film.
- The wider ends of the gate electrodes straddle the peripheral boundaries of the active region.
- By depriving the bacteria of oxygen, electrons are freed to set up a voltage between the electrodes.
- At the two ends of the conductor are the electrodes, which gather and disperse the electrons.
- They then receive an electrical ‘shock’ to the brain, through electrodes placed on the head.
- When electricity was applied to the electrodes, rays appeared to come from the cathode.
- He connected the same pairs of electrodes and simulated the electrical connection.
- The electrode sends electrical signals backwards along the vagus nerve to the brain.
- When air is brought into contact with the second electrode, current flows through any circuit linking the two electrodes.
- The particles carry the electrons to one of the electrodes, generating a current.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.