In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An alternative approach is to use electromagnetic rather than seismic information.
- Now researchers have used a slab of a new kind of material to focus diverging electromagnetic waves into a narrow cone.
- For example, the electromagnetic force between a proton and an electron is 10 times stronger than the gravitational force.
- The unifying feature of this theory was that it unified Einstein's theory of gravitation and Maxwell's electromagnetic theory.
- Maxwell believed electromagnetic waves such as light to be vibrations in the ether.
- There could also be waves of electromagnetic energy both shorter and longer than visible light.
- The first step was the realization that electromagnetic energy cannot always be treated simply as a wave passing through space.
- It does this by applying current to the electromagnetic clutch just ahead of the rear differential, locking it entirely if necessary.
- This energy is then re-emitted as an electromagnetic wave with the same frequency of the original wave.
- They made sure it wasn't some kind of electromagnetic disturbance, such as a solar flare or lightning.
- Thus, the higher the energy of the incoming particles, the stronger the electromagnetic interaction it feels.
- Water is a good conductor of electricity and could be channeling electromagnetic currents of the Earth.
- The electromagnetic security fields appear to have no effect on these devices.
- An electromagnetic current stimulates the toxins in your body, which then exit via the 2,000 sweat glands on each foot.
- They are the electromagnetic interaction, the weak interaction and the strong interaction.
- In many ways, however, the weak force resembles the electromagnetic force.
- Classical electromagnetic theory then requires that in this process they should radiate away some of their energy.
- Light is an electromagnetic wave that can carry angular momentum by way of circular polarization.
- In fact gravitational interaction is about 10 times weaker than the electromagnetic.
- The two systems contain quartz-like properties and an electromagnetic current.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.