In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cañón de electrones masculino
- A magnet distorts the picture as it distorts the path of electrons flowing from the electron gun towards the screen inside the tv.
- When we built the electron gun we knew that a big problem would be to operate it at high electric field strength without breakdown.
- The basic idea is that an electron gun at the back of the picture tube fires a beam of electrons toward the inside front of the tube, which is coated with a layer of phosphorus material.
- Each pixel consists of a cell that's excited by applied current to light up the phosphor, rather than an electron gun that scans across a phosphor array.
- The experiment involves a source of quantum entities, let us say an electron gun that fires a steady stream of particles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.