In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1microscopio electrónico masculino
- These were the early days of the electron microscope and physicists were keen to exploit the very short de Broglie wavelength of electrons to study objects that were too small to be studied with visible light.
- With the inventions of the electron microscope and the field ion microscope, scientists have been able to observe the microcosm as never before.
- Sure enough, when they rinsed and dried the crystals, an electron microscope revealed that the particles had fallen neatly into most of the holes.
- Fortunately, the electron microscope can magnify even these tiny microbes enough to distinguish their physical features.
- Designed much like a compound microscope, the electron microscope uses a beam of electrons focused through magnetic lenses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.