In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1galvanoplatearplatear mediante electrólisiselectrodorardorar mediante electrólisis
- The facility is believed to be the largest, most modem integrated barrel electroplating and centrifuge coating facility in the world able to make this claim.
- Metal wastes are produced by a variety of sources including mines, tanneries, and electroplating facilities and also through manufacture of paints, metal pipes, batteries, and ammunition.
- In electroplating, the object to be plated is made the cathode in an electrolytic bath of salts of the metal to be plated.
- In the second half of the 1920s he experimented with electroplating metal to a plaster core.
- Vitreous enamels have been developed for aluminum, and the metal may also be electroplated.
- About the only likely explanation was that it was used for electroplating, but no electroplated items had ever been found.
- Developments include fluxless melting, hot-chamber casting, and alloy development for improved creep resistance, castability, and electroplating characteristics.
- In addition, pig farms, electroplating factories and large industrial complexes which discharge sewage will also be targeted, Chang said.
- Later brass and copper items were sometimes silver plated and still later, they were electroplated.
- Magnesium parts are finished using the standard steps of cleaning, chemical treatment, anodizing, electroplating and painting.
- The frequencies of chromosome aberrations, sister chromatid exchanges and micronuclei have been found to be elevated in peripheral lymphocytes of chromium electroplating workers.
- Jewelry-making, electroplating, and other industries generate waste water contaminated with metals.
- The extremely toxic heavy metal is commonly used in places such as electroplating and battery factories.
- This time, the team made the wires by electroplating gold onto a sheet of silver, surrounding the gold with a stretchy polymer and then stripping the silver away.
- Sewage, effluents from dyeing and electroplating units, indiscriminate sand mining and encroachments have all ravaged the river.
- Plated silver is silver that has been electroplated over another metal.
- He works with all metals including gold and silver and he gets in some old trophies that are made of silver but now increasingly the things he is given are electroplated.
- Chromate passivation systems containing hexavalent chromium compounds are extensively used in electroplating and metal treatment processing.
- The statuette is made from the alloy Britannia and electroplated in copper, nickel, and silver, then hand-dipped in 24-karat gold.
- ‘The current coatings used in Europe right now are primarily chrome bases - electroplated chromium,’ says Kestner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.