1.1(danger/need/problem) eliminarto eliminate sth from sth — eliminar algo de algo
- Although removing the ovaries eliminates estrogen production that is linked to tumor growth, it also carries risks associated with premature menopause.
- It has introduced a new code of practice for its journalists and implemented new policies to eliminate conflict of interests.
- Like any policy goal - eliminating unemployment or eradicating poverty - it is unachievable with the blunt instruments of government force.
- If they want to spy on you, they can force-load into your computer a modification that reports all your activities, and then they can remove it later to eliminate the evidence.
- While the central bank can work to control inflation, it can't eliminate boom-and-bust cycles.
- Yet eliminating the conductor definitely removes the most crucial set of eyes and ears from the train.
- Both outer wing panels were removed to eliminate corrosion at the attach taper pins.
- The method strives to eliminate conflict by removing the deviated language of passion from the child's intellectual growth.
- So charities that serve on the front lines of the battles against poverty, ignorance and disease can't try to eliminate the causes of the suffering they spend so much time trying to alleviate.
- Ozone, produced by zapping oxygen with electricity, will be pumped into the water taken out of Cheney to remove impurities and eliminate most odors.
- If we could eliminate stress, would we eliminate a lot of disease?
- My life has always been full of fun but this disease has eliminated a lot of that.
- Thousands of disappearances or extrajudicial executions were allegedly carried out by the police as part of a deliberate policy to eliminate armed opposition groups as well as their supporters.
- In either case, the fear of personal liability for individual health care workers would be removed, resulting in eliminating the need to hide errors.
- It's not my personal presence here that will bring the disease under control, but bearing down on the disease to eliminate it.
- I am incensed that the council appears to be issuing a written policy that eliminates any opportunity for discretion and reasonable judgement, and promotes institutional obduracy.
- To eliminate mold, remove the material where the fungus is growing such as drywall boards or carpet.
- Removing the paint and eliminating the warp from the frame usually allows tight closing of the sash and eliminates any previous draft complaints.
- Now let's examine Walt's policy for eliminating nuclear weapons and other WMDs in rogue states.
- The only way to defeat terrorism as a threat to our way of life is to stop it, eliminate it and destroy it where it grows.
- In the most dramatic circumstances imaginable, Andy Lee was eliminated from the middleweight division of the Olympic competition in Athens last night.
- Further back I'm doing everything I can to finish within the time limit - every day you have to finish within a certain percentage of the stage winner's time or else you're eliminated from the race.
- Martin was mathematically eliminated from the title hunt after he finished 14th at Phoenix and he now trails Stewart by 162 points in the standings.
- He was eliminated from these investigations but since pleaded guilty to participation in three armed robberies.
- If your entire code is revealed you are eliminated from the game.
- Internal bickering and finger-pointing plagued the team after it was eliminated from the World Cup.
- Nothing will change until the team is officially eliminated from the playoffs.
- When a player gets 100 points, he is eliminated from further play.
- Once a player loses all his/her cards (not including cards in his points pile) he is eliminated from the game.
- Remember, when teams lose, those players are eliminated from the ever-dwindling player pool.
- They were eliminated from that competition in the first round without a point and without a goal.
- Until a team is eliminated from playoff contention, the goal is to win now.
- I was unexpectedly eliminated in the third round up against the wild card, Julia Kristen from California.
- No luck there, unfortunately; he was eliminated in an early karting round.
- The mystery man was eventually traced by police and in August he was eliminated from their inquiries.
- Every year, Lloyd Carr's teams pull out victories after they're eliminated from the title hunt.
- Each time a player is eliminated you must remove one spoon from the game; if playing without a stock you also remove one set of four equal cards from the pack.
- These respondents were eliminated from further consideration.
- The Chinese were eliminated from the World Championships last night losing 94-88 to the all mighty New Zealanders.
- You heard Senator Lieberman say that's not necessarily wise economic policy to eliminate one option if there is a need for some serious economic decisions.
- Your colon normally eliminates waste material and bacteria and absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance.
- The pharynx passes the foreign matter along to the stomach to eventually be eliminated by the body.
- Diuretics lower blood pressure by helping your body eliminate sodium and water.
- While the main function of the kidneys is to eliminate excessive water from the blood, carbon dioxide gas is eliminated through the lungs.
- This helps the body to eliminate toxins and waste products, and will also help counteract the common pregnancy complaints of constipation and nausea.