In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of text, theory)dilucidación femeninoaclaración femenino
- But Joyce is a naturally elucidating rather than a naturally metaphorizing writer, and in his elucidations the balance between what is included and what is excluded is almost always upset.
- The script, moreover, while restoring some of the gloss to the Hughes story, leans more to spectacle than elucidation where his affliction is concerned.
- One would prefer the elucidation of some ground-rules.
- The book begins with sharp social commentary, elucidation of concepts, and critiques of research methods typically used in the field.
- And it seemed to me at the time to be the most brilliant elucidation of how people become trapped in the ruts of their romantic history.
2(of mystery)esclarecimiento masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.