In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emancipación femeninofemale emancipation, the emancipation of women — la emancipación femenina / de la mujer
- emancipation from sth — emancipación de algo
- He wanted to push for rights for his people and ultimately called for Catholic emancipation.
- Perhaps the bicycle's most important legacy is its effect upon some women's emancipation.
- In the person of our heroine we are presented with a plea for emancipation.
- At a different scale, we may invoke female emancipation to explain the declining populations of Europe.
- It is certain that for him, emancipation is no part of a reform program of the church for society.
- Religion is meant for the emancipation of living beings.
- Big Maggie heralds a new emancipation in Irish society.
- To the proletariat the imperial suffrage has been a mighty weapon in its battle for emancipation.
- Learning how to serve had begun to yield to women's changing aspirations and increasing economic emancipation.
- It is a question of cooperating with the oppressed and supporting their emancipation.
- In their emancipation lies the wellbeing of the world.
- Emancipation enormously raised the stature of the Union cause internationally.
- Marx pointed out that political emancipation was a different thing from universal human emancipation.
- Actually the majority of the essay regards the question of women's emancipation.
- One could even say the story implies that emancipation is not properly a woman's pursuit or destiny.
- The old ideas, in the old organisations, represented quite the opposite of social emancipation.
- It has not yet raised the inspiring banner of working class emancipation.
- He was really fighting for national emancipation.
- They also offer joyous, kidlike emancipation from the lonely work of conditioning.
- This state of emancipation is a state beyond mind and matter, where both sensation and perception cease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.