In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desfalco masculinoembezzlement of funds — malversación de fondos femenino
- The legislation will simplify the law on larceny, fraudulent conversion, forgery and embezzlement.
- Corporate fraud and embezzlement have been familiar topics in newspaper headlines of recent years.
- At the same time, some senior staff within the bank were involved in frauds and embezzlement.
- Not included in the cost are theft, embezzlement, suicide, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect.
- Several family members are being sought by Turkish prosecutors on suspicion of embezzlement and fraud.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.