In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(leather/metal) repujar(initials) grabar (en relieve)
- He fumbled through his pockets until he removed a small grey metal ring with a flat face, embossed with a design that incorporated a longbow, a fey cross, and a rampart lion.
- The sides are also embossed with Shuttle's branding.
- The upper blade is embossed with a shell-inspired design.
- Every print is signed and numbered by the artist and embossed with the Ellis and Lord Editions stamp.
- Alita followed the servant down several corridors until they reached some large oak doors that were embossed with Sir Garth's family emblem.
- The handle is embossed with a textured pattern that gives a good grip, and there's a small relieved area where your thumb goes comfortably.
- The body of this flagon, originally one of a pair is embossed with flowers and leaves populated by a leaping unicorn and a wild boar with its young.
- For a three-dimensional effect, some rigid containers are embossed with logos or graphics.
- The deckle-edged artwork is blind embossed with a Disney Seal of Authenticity and is available both raw and framed.
- They had the wrong magnetic stripe on the card: the front was embossed with the holder's details, but the account and PIN encrypted on the stripe pointed somewhere else.
- The bags are embossed with the sword and shield of the Catholic League, the organizer of the protest.
- The cool, slightly embossed surface of wallpaper slid beneath his seeking palms.
- Upon payment of the required amount of stamp duty, the blank paper was embossed with a red stamp, ornately engraved with the rose and thistle emblem of Queen Anne.
- Also on the outside of the building is a unique copper facade that is embossed with a pattern to create an abstract impression on it to resonate de Young's wooded-park setting.
- The artwork is embossed with interesting patterns and shapes.
- The front cover was embossed with a rose, and the details seemed to be as delicate as the rose now hanging from my neck.
- It was embossed with gold metal and the background was a classical mahogany color.
- The front was embossed with a teal hummingbird sitting on a tie-dyed tree stump.
- The cork that sealed it was embossed with a grinning skull-and-crossbones.
- The majority of these are plain spoons which have been embossed with foliage, fruit or flowers in the second half of the 19th century.
2embossed past participle(stationery) con membrete en relieve(wallpaper) estampado en relieve
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.