In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Los Emmies son el equivalente televisivo de los Academy Awards Oscar awards, otorgados anualmente en Los Ángeles por la National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences a programas de televisión y sus realizadores en varias categorías.
- This year, a satirical chat show, The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart, was awarded two Emmys.
- Multiple awards including an Academy Award, an Academy Award nomination and three Emmys have honored his work.
- These writers, who should have even more Emmys than they do, can make anything hilarious.
- As part of this, I work as a script consultant on movies and television shows and have won several Emmys.
- According to my sources, the Emmys - the Oscars of television - are going to be hosted by no less than seven comedians.
- There she served as executive producer for a number of co-productions with partners, including the BBC, and won three international Emmys.
- The show has earned 12 Emmys, one for Outstanding Comedy Series.
- Currently nominated for four Emmys, the program has won 17 Emmy Awards and has been nominated for 85 since its debut.
- If there's been anything predictable about the Emmys recently, it's that they're not always predictable.
- His collaborations were honoured with many Bafta, RTS and Emmy nominations and awards.
- He has won two Emmys for Outstanding Game Show Host.
- He holds court behind his large desk, surrounded by his many Emmys.
- It's won four Emmys for outstanding drama series and it's weighing in with about eight million viewers this season.
- It was the second time that the Emmys, the television industry's highest honours and its equivalent of the Oscars, had been postponed in three weeks.
- It was the first show to use satellite feeds and stop-action sequences, and it won four Emmys its first year.
- His work has received countless awards, including eight Emmys.
- Take, for example, the shows that are getting accolades and Emmys.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.