In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emotivocargado de emotividad
- These issues involve difficult and emotive ethical problems.
- The Great Famine affected all aspects of Irish life and remains one of the most emotive issues in modern Irish historiography.
- I think I would be too emotional; I couldn't make an objective decision on such an emotive subject.
- This emotive subject was close to the hearts of many councils and generated a lot of comment.
- Certain subjects are taboo, or too emotive to be examined with objectivity.
- It is a problematic and emotive issue as it relates to the most vulnerable and marginalised group in any society: children.
- It is also, I fancy, a far too emotive subject for me to handle in great depth.
- Urgent, thorough debate is needed on this very emotive subject, but the right people must be involved in that debate.
- I believe the emotive issues will prove most important in the long run.
- The media's exploitation of emotive issues to boost circulation and to win rating battles is par for the course.
- Slavery is an emotive subject but has to be addressed head on.
- It is easy to see why the issue is a particularly emotive one.
- Film is an emotive medium, uniquely able to manipulate through lighting and music as well as words.
- The question I keep asking myself is why has fox hunting become such an intensely emotive issue in this country?
- I knew how emotive and personal a subject it was and, therefore, my goal has been to question not to judge.
- All I am saying to you is that all the rather emotive matters you are talking about can be dealt with in these other grounds.
- Money of course is a highly emotive subject, and often people allow their emotions to cloud their better judgement.
- The presence of women in the armed services is an emotive subject.
- When a subject becomes as emotive as this one, then people will believe what they want to believe.
- The debate ranged over many emotive ethical issues and in doing so lost sight of what was of benefit to the area as required by the statute.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.