In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empleado masculinoempleada femeninoshe's an employee in an insurance company — está empleada / trabaja en una compañía de seguros
- management and employees reached an agreement — la dirección y los trabajadores / empleados llegaron a un acuerdo
- before noun employee buyout — compra de una compañía por parte de los empleados
- The dismissal and disciplinary procedures apply when an employer contemplates dismissing an employee on various grounds.
- They have failed to pay their employees ' wages for July.
- State bank employees have been involved in continuous agitation against privatisation.
- A prospective employer of one of the company's former employees has approached me for a reference.
- Verify that the employee is legally eligible to work in the United States.
- The government plans to make millions of public sector employees work another five years before they can claim their pension.
- He remains an employee of the state railway company, which is continuing to pay him.
- Part of these foreign employees ' salaries can be paid by the overseas headquarters.
- She stopped to chastise her audience, telling them to treat local hotel employees and restaurant workers with respect.
- At its peak, the firm had more than 6,000 employees on its payroll.
- What action an employer takes will depend on the terms of the employee's contract.
- There is not usually any formal structure for representing employees at board level.
- It will offer jobs at the national minimum wage and with the same rights as permanent employees.
- The plans are often extolled, rightly, for improving employee morale and loyalty.
- The National Alliance for Fair Employment reports that three in ten workers are neither full-time nor permanent employees.
- Many public sector employees do vital but forgotten work.
- Thousands of city employees were fired and there was a wage freeze for the survivors.
- The other patients pay for their care at cost while federal government employees are entitled to special privileges.
- Most employers currently choose the fund into which they pay their employees ' superannuation contributions.
- Not all employees who are eligible to retire will do so.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.