In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All enactments and rules of law relating to procedure in connection with indictable offences shall continue to have effect in relation to proceedings in the Crown Court.
- Considering the constitutional validity of congressional enactments is a central function of the federal judiciary.
- In Britain, however, a large body of case law evolved from the enforcement of statutory enactments.
- It is right, as he submitted, that such passages are not to be treated as if they were statutory enactments.
- California only conforms by statutory enactment, it does not conform automatically.
- International law and human rights enactments set a threshold standard of respect towards the rights of individuals, minority groups, and nations.
- It has not been argued that there is any enactment which expressly limits or restricts the Crown Court's powers to make such an order.
- They cannot stand against a valid federal statutory enactment.
- Most of the law dealt with here is based on statutes or other public enactments.
- Can I start by going to the relevant previous enactment, your Honours.
- The wording of the statutory duty, like much of the relevant enactments and regulations relating to complaints and discipline, is not exactly helpful.
- That means that a resource consent is not an enactment or rule of law that would prohibit the exercise of a customary right.
- So in the United Kingdom that has been the position by reason of statutory enactment for some time.
- Now, your Honours, no doubt there would have to be some enactment by Parliament.
- The police authorities of New York appear now to be thoroughly in earnest in carrying out the municipal enactments forbidding expectoration in public places.
- Perhaps the only formal whaling code authorized by legislative enactment was that of Holland.
- When the defendant took her tenancy it was 1985 and the relevant enactment was the Rent Act 1977.
- I have set out the relevant enactments above.
2(making a law)promulgación femenino
- I tentatively support legislative enactment of same-sex marriage - but only when the legislature is constitutionally authorized to do this.
- Working with government is essential to successful enactment of legislation.
- Nor was there much support for the enactment of game laws from western settlers.
- They can be made at any time from the enactment of the bill.
- The enactment of the law is going to greatly aggravate the already strained cross-strait relations and seriously escalate the danger of the outbreak of war.
- Is there any parliamentary materials relating to the enactment of section 76?
- Policy must be implemented by legislative enactment, rather than public education alone.
- The Annexe provides rules for the enactments of laws.
- The commission shall expire five years after the date of enactment of this act.
- Cases decided before the enactment of this provision may be regarded as out of date.
- The former existed before the enactment of the 1998 Act and they continue to exist.
- The enactment of the law brought immediate results.
- The enactment of these laws removed the possibility of education for youth within the state.
- Your help was instrumental in the bill's successful enactment and I owe you a debt of gratitude.
- Their enactment was delayed by a presidential veto, which was overridden by the National Assembly.
- In recent years there has been demand for enactment of legislation enabling the adoption of children.
- The enactment of this rule has had extraordinary outcomes.
- Enactment of the bill will complete the delivery of those critical actions.
- Moreover, the actual disestablishment occurred before the enactment of the legislation.
- The enactment of the new Regulation is believed to allow better protection and respect for patients' rights.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.