- At that time, English Catholic school children studied the papal encyclicals Rerum novarum and Quadragesimo anno.
- Similarly, he discusses two papal encyclicals that express views of marriage different from those that had prevailed earlier.
- In March 1937, a papal encyclical had condemned the persecution of the Catholic Church in Germany.
- Still, he relies exclusively on the magisterial expressions found in the new catechism and in papal encyclicals.
- His answer to problems seems to be to write more encyclicals - encyclicals to which people pay lip service but which they then promptly ignore.
- The Pope issued 13 encyclicals, including three on socio-economic questions, and wrote several best-selling books.
- Leo wrote some eighty-five encyclicals, most of them fairly brief.
- Leo XIII wrote some eleven encyclicals on the rosary and decided that October would be dedicated to it.
- For the next hundred years, scholars, theologians, and students will be pouring over the papal encyclicals that have come out of the Vatican.
- I don't read the papal encyclical on human life that way myself.