In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1EEUUendivia femeninoendibia femenino
- For the endive: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cooking it that way makes it sweet - kind of like braising endive.
- So endives, including Belgian endive, are all chicories.
- Weightless scallops find some bite thanks to the edginess of roast endive and celery.
- The chicory clan - Belgian endive, radicchio, and escarole - is sneaking into more and more produce sections.
- Her individual tartlets of caramelized endive with goat cheese were staggeringly good, as was the almost flourless chocolate cake, which quickly became a staple.
- I was talking to her while at the same time noting a recipe in my book for the endives I had braising.
- There's also endive and chicory which I will talk about later, which is a cousin of lettuce, but is technically not lettuce.
- Add the endive, stir to coat with butter, and sauté until tender.
- All you need to accompany this dish is a bitter, leafy salad like rocket and endives in an olive oil and lemon dressing.
- The freshness of ingredients really stood out, as not a single speckled leaf, wilted green or bitter endive was to be found.
- Some of the recipes are innovative, like his spiced chicken livers on wilted endives.
- Arrange the fennel mixture on the endives and sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans.
- His favourite food is endive with mashed potatoes.
- To reduce their risk of asthma by up to 18% adults should eat apples, pears or leafy green vegetables such as lettuce, endives and silverbeet.
- Spinach, endive and romaine lettuce are great in salads; just dress with a little olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- If you can't get hold of dandelion leaves, use watercress, endive or a mixture of the two.
- Cabbage, carrot, celery, cucumber, endive and lettuce may be used for raw salad.
- Toss the curly endive in one third of the vinaigrette and arrange on four dinner plates.
- It was splendid, served on a bed of crisp endive garnished with pink peppercorns and a hot, sweet mustardy dressing.
- An endive salad, $4.50, is also available, but they were out of endives when I visited.
- Rinse and drain the cress, endive, mint, basil and coriander leaves.
- His beet salad with endive and walnuts has just the right amount of sweet-cider vinegar.
- A salad of endive and smoked salmon in a tangy horseradish dressing begins the meal, followed by a roast chicken with lemon, paprika, and sage as the centerpiece.
- Remove the endive and slice the leaves in half.
- The company also produces bulb onions, parsnips, leeks, endives, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflowers, cabbage, swede and about five per cent of Britain's asparagus crop.
- I started with a salad of endive, Roquefort and pear with roasted walnuts for €7.50.
- This could be served with leaves of bitter endive or a bowl of small boiled potatoes for dipping.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.