In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nota al final femenino
- Unfortunately, even where a study or claim is noted, the majority of the references in the endnotes section are in Norwegian and untranslated.
- Footnotes and endnotes contain either explanations, citations or both.
- Please use endnotes rather than footnotes for documentation and ensure there are no embedded notes or figures within the document.
- This clearly written and solidly researched work would have been enhanced by footnotes or more extensive endnotes.
- The commentary has footnotes throughout and the endnotes provide useful references for further study.
- Many readers, like this reviewer, will stumble on the fact that there are endnotes only at quite a late stage in reading the book.
- McManus wrote extensive footnotes and endnotes while preparing the book.
- Third, an 11 page section of endnotes is included to explain abbreviations or items in the text that require further clarification.
- In fact, fully half of the book's pages are devoted to endnotes, although these seem to include references to every book and article she came across during her research.
- This manifests itself most obviously in the absence of footnotes or endnotes, making the book subject to the usual advantages and disadvantages of this form of presentation.
- The letters are presented in chronological order with accompanying annotations coming within endnotes.
- The endnotes of the book should be very useful for the earnest scholar.
- Considerations of space have in some cases required me to shorten endnotes, remove textual notes, and delete illustrations.
- I should say that I highly prefer footnotes to endnotes, unless the chapter or book is very short.
- I would have preferred to see some endnotes or footnotes and a subject index as well.
- Endnotes containing an extensive resource list of books and articles are included.
- Those who want to do additional research will find an index and detailed bibliography, but no footnotes or endnotes.
- I decided while reading the first 200 pages to check endnotes and citations.
- The book includes 185 pages of text and 35 pages of endnotes, so that the notes are available for the reader, but do not intrude on the text.
- There are 24 pages of densely packed endnotes in small print.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.