In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1injertarto engraft sth onto sth — injertar algo en algo
- In a successful transplant the new bone marrow migrates to the cavities of the large bones, engrafts and begins producing normal blood cells.
- The clergy, by getting themselves established by law, & ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man.
- These cells were separated from other cells and then engrafted into mouse kidneys.
- They inject me with the new bone marrow and hopefully it will engraft and start to make new, healthy cells instead of cancerous ones.
- God's expectations of right behaviour are engrafted into the human heart because we are made in the moral image of God.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.