In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When the cause is either an enterovirus or herpes simplex virus, the throat may show tiny blistered or ulcerated areas, and this sometimes helps your child's doctor in making a diagnosis.
- The most common causes of viral meningitis are enteroviruses, herpes simplex virus, and HIV.
- Poliovirus is an enterovirus with three different strains that cause disease.
- The enterovirus can be spread through several mediums, including mucus or saliva and food or drink contaminated by the virus, she said.
- Parainfluenza virus, enterovirus, and rhinovirus infections most commonly occur in the fall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.