In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(movie/anecdote/book) entretenido(book/movie/anecdote) ameno
- This weekly column highlights interesting, educational and entertaining Web sites.
- And it was a magnificent, entertaining and exciting game of football played at full tilt by both sides.
- The weekend promises to be a very interesting and entertaining occasion and all are welcome to join in.
- The standard of debating was very high and both teams were complimented on an entertaining and informative debate.
- I have a few quibbles with it, but it's generally a very informative and entertaining piece.
- She said that people are drawn to the club because of its friendliness - and the fact that rugby is a terrifically entertaining game.
- I got into filmmaking because I was interested in making entertaining movies, which I felt there was a lack of.
- I found him an entertaining companion but I always regarded him as under-educated.
- We have had them watched a couple of times and they are a hard-working outfit but we have nothing to fear or lose and it promises to be an entertaining game.
- He is very entertaining, witty and a pleasure to tour with.
- It should be an entertaining game and it will be interesting to see who wins.
- Read the first two paragraphs and you know that this is going to be an entertaining as well as engaging book.
- Poor visibility didn't get in the way of an entertaining game between two teams with genuine title ambitions.
- It is a credit to both sides that they played a very entertaining game, full of passion, pride and a superb quality of football.
- It was very entertaining and very funny but I couldn't help wondering where this woman works.
- The talent on stage was enough to present a moving, compelling and entertaining show that would rival any professional production.
- Given the horrendous conditions and despite the incessant rain the sides served an entertaining game of football.
- A children's football match will also take place on the day, which is sure to be an entertaining and competitive game.
- Talks are free so don't miss what will certainly be an entertaining insight into our intriguing and unique landscape.
- The grand final witnessed an entertaining series of games with the destination of the trophy being decided in the last match.
1they do a lot of entertaining — reciben mucho / a menudo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.