In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The music is, as usual, extremely complex, enthralling and exhilarating.
- His comments are just as enthralling as his site.
- The most enthralling aspect of No Direction Home was undoubtedly Dylan's willing participation.
- Providing the Games continue free of security problems, the next fortnight promises to be enthralling.
- Most of us find the oceans enthralling.
- The Diablo games haven't exactly carved out their niche in gaming history with their rich, enthralling narratives.
- This has been quite simply enthralling television.
- Although the game was a low scoring encounter it was still thoroughly enthralling.
- Some of these notes are so enthralling that the reader can easily be sidetracked from the main text.
- What is more, the use of a black panel in the background had an enthralling effect.
- A lone tourist baked in the sun as he lost himself in what must have been an enthralling book.
- His writing is lucid and enthralling.
- The Last Emperor is one of the most artful and enthralling epics ever committed to film.
- What you get is an absolutely enthralling listen, one built with rapturous conduction and taut harmony.
- The color plates of hundreds and hundreds of species are breathtaking and enthralling.
- As I mentioned in the homework addendum, the storyline was enthralling.
- The sight this shower presents on Earth is expected to be enthralling.
- A repeat of this enthralling spectacle would send everyone home happy, if a little drained.
- For me it was a source of enthralling empathy.
- Certainly enthralling is the 14-minute, emotionally soaring offering from vocalist Khan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.