In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But in the enviros ' world, wise planners (people like themselves) know best what's good for everyone, and the burden of justification is on people who want to do things counter to the plan.
- Even enviros of a decidedly secular bent who might normally blanch at such creationist sentiments will appreciate the call for wise management of natural resources.
- Never have I seen enviros so dispirited or in such disarray.
- While he has attracted a number of investors and received a flurry of media attention, enviros shouldn't dream airy dreams just yet.
- A greater challenge for the enviros will be sustaining public interest in the trench warfare that will continue on Capitol Hill and in federal agencies now filling up with former oil, mining, auto, timber and biotech lobbyists.
- A handful of enviros took part as well, but a cacophony of environmental groups, legislators and their staff experts complain that they were left out.
- Although he caters to his party's core of left-leaning enviros and union activists, he can play ball with business on issues such as promoting farm exports, his home state's top concern.
- He's notorious among Utah enviros for not even inviting environmental experts or advocates to be involved in state/industry negotiations over environmental policy.
- Enviros say their logistical plans are evolving alongside their message.
- This is the current king of the hybrids, although its feeble performance limits its appeal to card-carrying enviros.
- But nationally speaking, even many enviros are ambivalent on the issue; as a whole, the green community has put forward no clear alternative plan of action.
- Response from U.K. enviros was immediate and furious.
- But though all eyes are on the battle for the White House, congressional races are deserving of enviros ' attention.
- Alaskans by and large can't abide that they coexist with wild nature more than any other modern Americans, then are lectured by wealthy enviros who live in doorman buildings on the Upper East Side.
- On the other side, a host of enviros and at least six Nobel laureates are advocating adoption of all of the report's recommendations.
- Editor's note: I believe the radical enviros actually know the facts above, and I have have had private conversations that bear out my belief.
- Perhaps even more objectionable from enviros ' standpoint is the report's proposal to eliminate the independent commissions and boards that govern the regulation of California's air, water and utilities.
- While these events will be quieter, with fewer banners and black ski masks, many enviros think these bashes are likely to be the site of the real trouble.
- So in an ironic reversal, it's the enviros who are now talking up cost-benefit analysis - not the foes of regulation.
- But enviros are crying foul after a judge brokering an asbestos-liability deal enlisted business to write part of a proposed law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.