In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ecologista masculino(group/movement) (before noun) ecologista
- Generations of conservationists and environmentalists have reinforced these views.
- He's become, rather to his own surprise, a committed environmentalist.
- Counterculture environmentalists never constructed a unified philosophy that united like-minded individuals and organizations under one banner.
- As environmentalists keep warning us, even the air is a scarce commodity.
- Despite what some environmentalists have argued, putting a price tag on a species does not make it disappear.
- The environmentalist movement, for instance, frequently appeals to the goodness of nature as a way to promote their causes.
- But I cannot support the extreme environmentalist positions that you present in your magazine.
- What thoughtful environmentalists fear most in the upcoming congressional session is a rush to judgment.
- "We're not ardent environmentalists, but we wanted an environmentally-friendly home that looked good.
- An ardent environmentalist, he did it the responsible way.
- You are thought of as an avid environmentalist and you've built a reputation as an outdoorsman.
- "People call us, and they're not always die-hard, tree-hugging environmentalists, " she says.
- True environmentalists are concerned not with appearances but with practising the principles that they preach.
- It is - in its own small way - a barometer of the future direction of the environmentalist movement.
- He broke off his architecture studies and became active in peace and environmentalist groups.
- But the relationship between counterculture environmentalists and technology was always ambivalent.
- Local environmentalists have sounded the alarm that it may well be the beginning of an end for the species.
- So how do concerned environmentalists tackle the enormous challenge of driving that switch?
- As well as being passionate about personal finance, I'm also a committed environmentalist.
- Environmentalists have said some coral reefs in Aceh may have been uplifted and exposed by the tsunami.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.