In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is clear that cells have a variety of relatively specific enzymes able to degrade these compounds.
- It appears to be due, in large part, to the activity of a specific enzyme, cytokinin oxidase.
- Among these anaerobic proteins are enzymes involved in glycolysis and related processes.
- They can act as real enzymes and, by analogy to protein enzymes, are called ribozymes.
- This is probably due to the presence of other enzymes besides the protease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.