In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's easy to say one is in favour of equality of opportunity.
- We also know that the labour movement has to work very hard to ensure that same equality of access and opportunity in the union.
- For example, complete negative freedom would not provide equality of opportunity, outcome, or treatment.
- Moreover, not everything is done to ensure equality of opportunity.
- We should be striving to create a meritocratic society with equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.
- Many people think of feminism as a movement that promotes gender equality and opportunity.
- A new settlement must be able to deliver equality of opportunity for unionists as well as nationalists.
- People disagree about what is needed to ensure fair equality of opportunity.
- When we promote equality, we need to make sure that we are promoting equality of opportunity.
- The report also sets out a new public sector duty to promote equality of opportunity for people with mental health problems.
- Does equality of opportunity matter more than equality of outcome?
- But equality of aspiration is not matched by equality of opportunity.
- The value of equality of opportunity gets most of its practical force from its opposition to systematic discrimination.
- They want to see people given a fair go, they want equality of opportunity, and they want fairness.
- All the evidence shows, that if you want to promote social mobility and equality of opportunity, you have to start early.
- It's no secret that great numbers of jobs are sewn up from the inside, despite claims of equality of opportunity.
- Can marriage be reformed to serve as a public status that promotes equality and liberty?
- The striking workers are demanding equality of promotion opportunities with their colleagues.
- The Government advocates equality of opportunity for every child.
- Parliament alone can give equality of opportunity and thereby increase liberty for all.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.