In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1igual masculinosigno de igual masculino
- The value of the game is written after the equals sign.
- Each entry begins with the synonym, varietal, or discredited name in question in normal typeface, followed by an equals sign, then the modern, accepted name in boldface type.
- This contains the plus, minus and equals signs, but not those for multiplication or division.
- And, for those of you who keep a record: he's drawn massive equals signs on the back of his hands.
- Click the equal sign to subtotal each row, then click the Total button to add the subtotals.
- I mean, if there's not an equals sign at the end of the problem, there's not much I can do about it besides offer hugs and words that don't mean anything.
- Dividing by Y on both sides of the equals sign, the following expression for the growth rate is derived.
- The equals sign in an equation is like a scale: both sides, left and right, must be the same in order for the scale to stay in balance and the equation to be true.
- The name and value are separated by an equal sign (=), and the value sits inside of double quotation marks.
- Here the equal sign does not even make an appearance.
- The latter thought he had found a remarkable formal similarity between two quite different things; the leap of imagination that allows one to put an equal sign between them didn't come for another century.
- I just realized that equal signs do not show up here.
- Could a child of seven really have understood those symbols - equal signs, powers, brackets - all those magic marks of sums and abstractions?
- ‘All the instability would stop tomorrow if these terrorists and insurgents stopped,’ he said, drawing an equal sign between the two.
- You can also restrict the selection to an exact priority instead of to a given priority and higher with the equals sign (=).
- Reading from his latest book, the second volume of Great Tales From English History, Robert Lacey tells the fascinating story of Robert Recorde, who introduced the equals sign in 1557.
- It's me putting the equals sign into the relationship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.