In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Matemáticasecuación femeninoa simple/quadratic/cubic equation — una ecuación de primer/segundo/tercer grado
- He replaced the differential operator d/dx by a variable p transforming a differential equation into an algebraic equation.
- An encryption algorithm is a mathematical equation containing the message being encrypted or decrypted.
- The sections on equations cover quadratic equations where he discusses two solutions.
- When I pressed him to write an equation expressing the value for a, he insisted that he would need a symbol for within.
- It also contains continued fractions, quadratic equations, sums of power series and a table of sines.
- The first person known to have solved cubic equations algebraically was del Ferro but he told nobody of his achievement.
- These laws are very precise and can be expressed by exact mathematical equations.
- Lagrange's main object was to find out why cubic and quartic equations could be solved algebraically.
- Now express the pattern as a mathematical equation.
- The movement associated with each mode can be expressed by the motion equation for a single degree-of-freedom system.
- As relationships go, I realized this simple equation of life.
- I say two, because another managerial solution to this quandary is to work on the slightly simpler equation of four into three.
- The simple equation of balancing caloric intake and exercise is the key to fitness.
- The facts reduce themselves to a terrible equation of time and consequence.
- One-half of the general problem of stellar atmospheres revolves around the solution of the equation of radiative transfer.
- And can you tell us, are you concerned about second-guessing on that whole equation?
- I feel that I have developed some sort of equation with them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.