In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(apparatus)equipo masculinooffice equipment — mobiliario, máquinas y material de oficina
- sports equipment — artículos deportivos
- They will also have the opportunity to access a variety of office equipment to help research and develop their ideas.
- All the necessary ski equipment is available for hire and is fairly inexpensive.
- It has provided a little money to repair government offices and provide some office equipment.
- People have offered us all kinds of help, including the loan of equipment and office space.
- The company manufactures drilling equipment and uses lithium batteries as part of the process.
- The audio gear and battery charging equipment can be interchanged between radio sets.
- The partnership is also funded through fines and helps to pay for its equipment, offices and staff.
- Spending on capital equipment by telecoms companies remains depressed.
- I grabbed my bag and stuffed it with the necessary equipment, and the bread, then jumped on my bike.
- I was familiar as many readers would be with all the old horse gear, equipment and implements.
- Employees should take a break away from office equipment every hour or two.
- This test is safe, simple to perform, and can be done in the office with no equipment.
- It still turns out that many of our kids are there without the equipment that they need.
- The pair said there were several parties interested in buying the company's equipment but the land would be sold.
- They are also contacting suppliers of skating equipment for quotes and information.
- The grant will be used for social activities and to buy office equipment.
- I think they basically just got all the left over equipment from the office and gave it to me.
- This will provide the dedicated staff and equipment necessary for small companies to compete.
- As a child, his father kept him kitted out with all the necessary cricket equipment.
- They provide all computer equipment and course material for the duration of the programme.
2(act of equipping)equipamiento masculino
- I feel it my duty to state the great activity, energy, and zeal shown by the Admiral in superintending the equipment of the Danish ships and the embarkation of the stores from the arsenal.
- The equipment of the truck with large profiled solid rubber tyres allows best floor contact also on wet and bumpy floors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.