In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(literature) literatura erótica femenino(art) arte erótico masculino
- A technical, if admittedly simplistic, analogy: horror is to gore as erotica is to pornography.
- With his inventive sense of flattened, decorative form and composition, he has truly reinvented the still life, but he is also a master of whimsical erotica.
- Some of the pieces skim the boundaries of adult fiction without delving into hardcore erotica.
- Yes, I firmly believe if a literary critic is not interested in erotica he should change jobs.
- He is also obsessed with vernacular imagery, from family photo albums to vintage erotica.
- She confesses to having been shocked to learn that Makiki created rooms filled with erotica.
- The members of the panel had several different views as to what pornography is, and whether there was a difference between pornography and erotica.
- However, adverbs and adjectives are the foundations - and flying buttresses - of pornography and erotica.
- The debate over whether or not the book is erotica or pornography misses the heart of the text's importance.
- I, for one, initially advocated a statement saying we were not interested in genre work, or erotica.
- But while some of the scenarios are necessarily arousing, the book does not intend to function as pornography or erotica.
- But Payne isn't much interested in debating the distinction between erotica and porn.
- Even the sex industry has fought off threats of censorship by grafting Shakespeare onto erotica.
- There will be shows about French decontructionism and shows about science physical response to sexual stimuli, including erotica or actual people.
- The author explains that she is collecting erotica from Indigenous writers in order to counteract stereotypes and misconceptions.
- The exegesis explores the genre of women's erotica and is well grounded in contemporary critical theory.
- Definitions of erotica, degrading pornography, and violent pornography can be problematic.
- The internet has ushered in a brave new world of access to a polymorphously perverse spectrum of erotica, pornography and discussion.
- One of the more consistent concerns is the presence of pornography and erotica and the expression of sexuality on the Internet.
- This shows that a conceptual distinction between pornography and erotica is both meaningful and operational.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.