In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hematíe masculinoeritrocito masculino
- The deformation of the human erythrocyte or red blood cell has been the topic of detailed investigation for many decades.
- Full blood cell count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate were within normal limits.
- Sickle cell erythrocytes have decreased oxygen affinity and increased unsaturated hemoglobin in the arterial blood.
- The blood was pooled and then spun down to separate the erythrocytes from plasma.
- There are three chapters devoted to the structure and function of erythrocytes and white blood cells.
- The final stage of erythrocyte production is when reticulocytes develop into erythrocytes.
- Increased production of erythrocytes leads to an increase in oxygen supply.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.